July 15, 2007

Equipment Upgrade - Centered on Success

No, I haven't started doing hardware work!  I have excellent partners to help you with hardware. However, before you make a hardware upgrade of any type, you need to consider your productivity uses and needs for that hardware.

For example, Saturday morning Sue Kiernan, the President of Centered on Success, and I met via GoToMeeting to discuss upgrading her new cell phone and PDA (Personal Digital Assistant).  We talked first about what she wanted her cell phone to do then what she wanted her PDA to do. Included in that part of the discussion was weighing a move from ACT! to Outlook. Which software she was going to use made a direct impact on which hardware she needed.

We worked through her list of needs and prioritized them. Then we looked at some research data I had about cell phones. When we got to the details about the phones themselves, I referred her to her carrier and we made a list of questions for her to ask.

Sue emailed later in the day to let me know she had decided on the Treo wx with Windows Mobile.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciated the opportunity to weigh the pros and cons of various options. Now that I've purchased my Treo wx, I'm looking forward to my next appointment with Pamela to get it installed correctly on my computer and begin realizing the benefit of synchronizing with Outlook.

    ReplyDelete