August 17, 2010

What can your Alt Key Reveal in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint 2007?

I came across a little known secret in the Microsoft 2007 Office Products that I would like to share with you.

Open any of these 2007 Microsoft Office Products, Excel, Word & PowerPoint. Now press the Alt key. Did you see what happens in your ribbon?

Yes, it gives you all the short-cut keys that are available. You no longer have to remember every short-cut key. Just press the Alt key, and a number or letter shows up next to all the short-cut keys.

For example in Word 2007, “ALT P” gets me to the shortcut of Page Layout. It also shows me more short-cuts within Page Layout. For example “ALT M” drops down my margin options.

WOW! I find this amazing and what a way to increase your productivity. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment