May 8, 2013

Changing Logos

Article from AAA Highroads Magazine May/June 2013

This is a short, interesting article about changing logos.  Every logo needs to be updated occasionally to stay current with new advertising styles, new design styles, etc. But you will see that the changes are subtle. The exception is the Ford logo. But it happens to be the oldest of the six so it has been through the most revisions.




I last changed the Your Computer Lady logo in 2012.
·        To show new technology – Replaced the big, fat monitor with a thin version. Added a tablet.
·        Made the company tagline stronger.
·        Removed the “eyeball” in the center of her head which had bothered some people!

We had removed the print on her dress two or three years before. It was bridges to reflect our old tagline “Your Bridge to Productivity.”  When we changed taglines, the logo had to change to match.

But we kept the grey hair, braid and colored cat-eye glasses because I do have grey hair, frequently wear braids and those are my favorite reading glasses!

Some people have suggested that the logo should be more modern. I deal with modern technology. But I like the friendliness of the little old lady. She’s not as scary as “modern technology.”  I think the logo says that if she can handle it, so can you!

The final proof for me is that I have never handed a business card to someone without them smiling at the lady. That’s a positive start to a relationship!





No comments:

Post a Comment